- We gladly offer complimentary giftwrapping year-round for any of the purchases you make at our store. You might find this particularly helpful during the December holidays.
- We are happy to order books for you that we don't currently have in stock, if they are available to us, at no additional charge. We typically place orders every Monday and Thursday mornings and usually receive the items the next day.
- We can ship books for you if you like. The cost for media mail is $5 for each address and $1 for each book sent to that address. So, for instance, if you send 3 books to a single address and 1 book to a second address, the shipping cost for the first address is $8 for the 3 books and it is $6 for the second. If you order books through our website to be shipped, the shipping charges will be calculated online for you.
- Our hand-written gift certificates make great gifts with a personal touch -- particularly wonderful to give to teachers, service providers, and anyone else who deserves a thoughtful treat.
- We host readings on a regular basis throughout the year; check our events calendar to see what's coming up.
- While we do not accept returns, we gladly offer exchanges (assuming the book is in new condition) within 30 days when accompanied by a receipt. We do not do exchanges on special orders or eBooks. All eBook sales are final and nonrefundable.
- When you order online you can get free shipping for orders of $75 or more. If you live in the 97212, 97213, or 97232 zip codes and choose "local delivery" as your shipping option on orders of $25 or more, we will bring your books to your house. (Serving us coffee, tea, or wine is optional!)
- We will give you a discount if you are ordering multiple copies (10+) of a single book; call us for details.
- We offer a (hot pink!) frequent buyer card: when you buy 12 new print books from us you qualify for a free item of your choice from the store (the value is determined by the average of your 12 purchases).The pink card applies to in-store purchases only.This means eBook purchases don't qualify.