(This book cannot be returned, even for store credit.)
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A Complete Guide to the 2009 International Plumbing Codes
Fully updated to reflect the changes in the International Code Council 2009 International Plumbing Code, this authoritative volume follows the IPC chapter by chapter. Master plumber, master gasfitter, and bestselling author R. Dodge Woodson puts the International Plumbing Code and the Private Sewage Disposal Code into plain English for easy use on the job.
Woodson's ready-to-use answers help you get plumbing jobs done right, on time, and up to the standards of the 2009 codes. It's all the plumbing information you need in one reliable resource, including how to:
- Solve pipe, drainage, vent, trap, and other plumbing questions FAST
- Fix common plumbing problems with the workable solutions illustrated inside
- Find worked-out examples of nearly every type of plumbing task
- Quickly locate the right figures, formulas, and charts for water heaters, fixtures,
- faucets, fuel piping, storm water drainage, and more
- Cut labor and material costs by meeting but not exceeding codes
- Avoid leaks, malfunctions, blockages, plumbing-caused damage, callbacks, and other costly troubles
2009 International Plumbing Codes Handbook covers:
Definitions * Administrative Policies and Procedures * General Regulations * Fixtures * Water Heaters * Water Supply and Distribution * Sanitary Drainage Systems * Indirect and Special Wastes * Vents * Traps, Clean-Outs, and Interceptors * Storm Drainage * Special Piping and Storage Systems * Recycling Gray Water * Referenced Standards * Rainfall Rates * Degree Days and Design Temperatures * Evaluating Sites and their Requirements * Materials * Sizing and Installing Soil Absorption Systems * Pressure Distribution Systems * Tanks * Mound Systems * Using the Code in the Real World
About the Author
R. Dodge Woodson has over 30 years of experience as a licensed plumber and Master Gasfitter, and has authored more than 80 books relating to the construction trades. He has owned and operated construction companies in Virginia and Maine, and served as an adjunct faculty member for the Central Maine Technical College, where he taught code and apprenticeship classes.