Monsters: An Investigator's Guide to Magical Beings (Paperback)
SEARCH HERE FOR BOOKS
Of course that monster hiding under your bed when you were little didn't really exist. Vampires, werewolves, zombies, demons--they're simply figments of our imagination, right? After all, their existence has never been scientifically proven. But there is one giant problem with such an easy dismissal of these creepy creatures: people keep encountering them.
Join occult scholar John Michael Greer for a harrowing journey into the reality of the impossible. Combining folklore, Western magical philosophy, and actual field experience, Monsters: An Investigator's Guide to Magical Beings is required reading for both active and armchair monster hunters. Between these covers you'll find a chilling collection of fiendish facts and folklore, including:
- Why true vampires are the least attractive--and most destructive--of all monsters
- The five different kinds of ghosts
- Magical origins of the werewolf legends
- How to survive a chimera encounter (Jersey Devil, chupacabra, Mothman)
- The hidden connections between faery lore and UFOs
- Where dragons are found today
- How to investigate a monster sighting
- Natural and ritual magic techniques for dealing with hostile monsters
This 10th anniversary edition of the quintessential guide to magical beings features a new preface, new chapters on chimeras and zombies, and updates on werewolves, dragons, and the fae.