Short Stories in Korean for Intermediate Learners (Paperback)
SEARCH HERE FOR BOOKS
"Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work - and you will too!" - Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times bestseller A Mind for Numbers
Short Stories in Korean for Intermediate Learners has been written especially for students from low-intermediate to intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, a feeling of progress and most importantly - enjoyment! Mapped to B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference, these eight captivating stories are designed to give you a sense of achievement and a feeling of progress when reading.
What does this book give you?
- Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller - making reading fun, while you learn from a wide range of new vocabulary
- Controlled language at your level, including the 1,000 most frequent words, to help you progress confidently
- Authentic spoken dialogues, to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
- Pleasure! It's much easier to learn a new language when you're having fun, and research shows that if you're enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration: "It's too hard!" "I don't understand!"
- Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
Carefully curated to make learning a new language easy, these stories include key features that will support and consolidate your progress, including:
- A glossary for bolded words in each text
- Full plot summary
- A bilingual word list
- Comprehension questions after each chapter
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed or frustrated. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in Korean for Intermediate Learners will make learning Korean easy and enjoyable.
With no exposure to language growing up, and no special talent to speak of, he had to figure out how to learn a foreign language from scratch. Fifteen years later, Olly has studied ten languages and has decided to reveal how he accomplished his goal of learning foreign languages quickly.
Although he started the "I Will Teach You a Language" blog in order to document his latest language learning experiments, his useful and actionable writing quickly transformed the blog into one of the most popular sources of language learning advice on the web. He now produces language books and courses across a variety of mediums with the goal of helping other people to successfully
Olly's advice on language learning is the real deal, and I recommend you pay attention to what he has to say!—Benny Lewis, Fluent in 3 months
When we wanted to create a free online course on how to learn a language, we asked Olly to write it with us.—Dr. Tita Beaven, The Open University
Learning a language is challenging, but it's one of the best things you can do for your brain and your learning skill set ... Olly Richards is doing some seriously incredible work to empower more and more people to rise to the challenge.—Jonathan Levi, Entrepreneur and Lifehacker