Sell Your First Book & Develop a Successful and Sustainable Writing Career
Before you can land a book deal--before you can even attract the interest of agents and editors--you need to be visible. How do you become visible? You develop a platform, or a way of reaching your readers. Everybody can develop a platform, and this book shows you how to do it while you're still writing.
This book offers:
- A step-by-step approach to creating, growing, and nurturing a platform
- An economical approach to self-promotion (no need to spend thousands)
- A clear way to uncover your strengths and weaknesses as an author
- The strategies that are essential (or not) to online promotion
- A philosophy of authorship that leaves you confident, empowered, and equally partnered with agents, editors, and publishers (instead of waiting to be discovered)
- A diverse set of tools and methods for getting known (not just web-based tools or ideas for extroverts)
Growing a writing career isn't just about landing one book deal and then scrambling like crazy. There is a more strategic and steady way to lay the groundwork so you can avoid scrambling altogether--and "Get Known Before the Book Deal" is the only comprehensive book that shows you how.
About the Author
Christina Katz is the author of "Writer Mama." She started her platform "for fun" seven years ago and ended up on "Good Morning America." She has been encouraging reluctant platform-builders via her e-zine "Writers on the Rise" and has been covering the topic for the past two years. She recently launched the e-course, Platform Building Basics for Writers, and writes a monthly column on platform development for "The Willamette Writer."