The World of Frida Kahlo 1000 Piece Puzzle: A Jigsaw Puzzle (Kit)
SEARCH HERE FOR BOOKS
Taking center stage is Frida herself surrounded by iconic elements of her life. Woven into the bustling Mexican scene are a huge cast of contemporary extras, from Kahlo's family and famous friends, as well as her various exotic pets. Those with a keen eye will also spot many references to her art and the tragedies and triumphs of her career. For those just discovering Kahlo the included poster guides the puzzler along the journey with facts about the 25 references found in the jigsaw.
Known for her self-portraits and representation of her Mexican heritage, the colourful scene in this puzzle conveys the spirit of Kahlo and her world. Travel through the medical traumas, family, love, and loss that encapsulated Kahlo's life and discover the surrealist artist in a new light.
With 1000 pieces and a keepsake poster, The World of Frida Kahlo is an art puzzlers dream.
• Paintings, including Viva la Vida (Long Live Life) and Memory of the Heart
• Medical struggles from contracting polio and a tragic bus accident
• Her iconic traditional Zapotec Mexican dresses as well as Kahlo's early career gender subverting suits
• Her husband and artist, Diego Rivera
• Family relationships and her beloved pets
• Religious and political influences
Laura Callaghan is a London-based Irish illustrator. Her work is hand-drawn using a mixture of watercolour, Indian ink and isograph pen. Clients include Tate, Adidas and MTV.
"With this puzzle, you can enter Frida Kahlo's world from the comfort of your living room, for at least the amount of time that it takes you to complete." - Country Living (UK)
"For art buffs, we'd recommend this colorful puzzle that features a Frida Kahlo-inspired illustration based on her life and works." - SELF