Portland is not your typical city, and this is not your typical guidebook. It's a fresh, funny take on the plants and animals every Portlander needs to know. Learn what's buzzing in your backyard and blooming on area trails, with details on hundreds of species found right outside your door. The book includes
- When and were to go to see more than 360 species
- Local natural history, ecology, stories, and fun facts
- Stunning full-color photographs of every species
- 10 "treasure hunts," from Powell Butte to Fernhill Wetlands
- Dozens of tips for planting native gardens.
LeeAnn Kriegh grew up in St. Helens. After earning bachelor's and master's degrees in English, she wrote for The Oregonian and various magazines while living on Sauvie Island for nearly fifteen years. She is the author of nature guides to the Portland and Bend areas. Her passion is helping readers deepen their connections to the natural world through a unique blend of facts, stories, and humor.